|“||The seasons of famine and plenty, the turn of the Earth, the transformation of the furnace - all of these are only the results of the enactments of the lesser passions of the Hours.||„|
|~ Damaon Azenaten, The Dream of the Conspiracy of the Lower Skies|
The Hours are the otherworldly gods who dwell in the Mansus, and each governs a single hour of the day. However, while there are 24 hours in a day, there are 30 extant Hours. The Hours each have their own drives and spheres of interest, and often oppose each other where their machinations conflict. The Hours are served by their Names, who seek to become Hours themselves.
Origins[edit | edit source]
|“||Hours are the incarnate principles of the world. There may only ever be 30 Hours. Some began as humans; some came from very different places.||„|
|~ Weather Factory on Twitter|
The Hours came into being through various means. Their origins inform their dominant Aspects and motivations. Some Hours began from one origin, but were later transformed through another.
- Gods-from-Stone: The six Hours who came into being in the time before humanity, five of whom are now dead.
- Gods-from-Light: The emanations of The Glory, and the offspring of the divided former Hour called The Sun-in-Splendour.
- Gods-from-Blood: The manifestations of sacrifices made by mortals.
- Gods-from-Flesh: Mortals who penetrated the Mansus and eventually ascended to become Hours.
- Gods-from-Nowhere: "Lesser Hours" apparently spawned from Nowhere. Other Hours are forbidden from fraternizing with them.
List of Hours[edit | edit source]
|“||'Six were lost, thirty remain.' The canvas is not white. Look closely, and see the hinted shapes of the Hours long lost, walking the winding path to the door into Nowhere. Look too closely, and find yourself lost to weeping.||„|
|~ The Palest Painting|
There are a total of 32 known Hours; 26 are extant and 6 are dead, leaving 4 yet to be identified. Below are listed all known Hours by the hour of the day they are associated with, represented by a Roman numeral. For example, Hour 0 is 12:00 midnight, XII is 12:00 noon, and XX is 8:00 pm. The six dead Hours (⁂) do not have numbers.